Re: [Evolution] evolution always starts offline

Am Sonntag, den 08.11.2009, 16:54 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 20:39 +0100, Bernhard Kleine wrote:
we had a similar thread some days ago. At the origin of the problem is
network manager who does not touch static IP adresses. As a
consequence Evo sees that there is no actual network controlled by
Network Manager and thus assumes that there isnot any network at all.
This behaviour might change with updates to come. So far the removal
of Network Manager seems the best way to have Evo start online

Just configure Network Manager to manage the interface. All cases I've
seen of this problem are due to NM not managing the interface and
therefore reporting it as down even when it's up. AFAIK it has nothing
to do with static IP addresses as such.

poc

The NM icon reports the network connection as up and it shows all
attributes, IP adress, device type, mac adress correctly. How can I
test, if NM really thinks that the connection is up? And how can I check
if it is managing (or at least trying to manage) the interface? I have
all necessary information in /etc/network/interfaces.

---
Kind regards, Felix