Re: [Evolution] evolution always starts offline

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 19:07 +0100, Felix Koop wrote:
I don't know why, but evolution for me always starts offline. I have a
staic IP address, so network connections are not the problem. Even if I
start evolution, go online manually, stop evolution and start it again,
it will start offline. Going online via the icon on the lower left hand
corner works without any problem. Anyone with any idea why it won't
start in online mode?

If you have NetworkManager integration compiled in, Evolution will ask
NetworkManager at start-up whether a network connection is available and
then set it's initial online/offline mode appropriately.

If you have NetworkManager integration compiled into Evolution but are
somehow bypassing it for your local network configuration, then NM may
be giving Evolution wrong answers about network availability.

Matthew Barnes