Re: [Evolution] attachment.dat

Todd Hicks wrote:
As I say, other email apps I've used (notably Thunderbird) strip the
markup in the reading pane for messages of content-type text/html . Yes
the output may not be pretty, but it's there and readable, not wrapped
up in an attachment. In the case of Outlook there is an information bar
in the message header area/bar that gives the user the option to view
the rendered HTML That might be a more friendly way of handling the
message than wrapping it up as an attachment. I think Milan alluded to
being able to view the message in-line, but I don't see that. Did he
mean viewing the list of attachments?
No -- with the setting "Prefer Plain Text", if evo recognizes that the email has both text and html versions, it will show only the text version, with the option of clicking on an icon(arrow)at the bottom of the text email to actually render and show the html version if you want to see it. I think part of the problem may be that some emails don't have *any* text portion and the format (.dat??? not sure which mime type ) is not recognized by evo as actually being renderable as html.
It's not an issue of offence as much as it is policy.
The policy is to discourage/not allow users to view html emails???