Re: [Evolution] attachment.dat

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 08:59:15 -0500
Todd Hicks <electronjockey hotmail com> wrote:

I just started using Evolution 2.28.1.
Messages I receive from Monster.com come as
The subject is utf-8 encoded also and is interpreted properly, but the
body is interpreted as "attachment.dat", and when I view the source
the body appears as gibberish (presumable binary). If I hit reply I
can read the message.
I've googled with no success. It doesn't appear to be related to tnef,
as I have that plugin installed. My thinking now is that spamassasin
or bogofilter, so I've temporary disabled those plugins but I haven't
received a message yet to verify.
Anyone experience this or have any ideas?

Try this for converting the *.dat file to something readable:

http://www.winmaildat.com/

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"