Re: [Evolution] using skype

Hi,

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 17:00 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
There is *no* chance of Evo doing anything special to support non-free software.
Yeah, like Exchange or GroupWise?

Good point. What I should have said is that IMHO Evo is not going to
implement a special Skype button. What is more conceivable, if there
were sufficient demand, is a general-purpose "Phone this contact"
button, which the user could set up to use whatever VOIP app he
preferred. I've no idea how practical this is (e.g. how many of the VOIP
apps allow you to specify the phone number from the command line or via
a DBUS message?)

SIP URLs are handled by GNOME, aren't they? Implementing a SIP button to call a specific SIP contact via Ekiga or whatever other SIP URL handling application should thereby be as easy as opening a HTTP link in the web browser. Shouldn't it?

Andre.