Re: [Evolution] evo no S/Mime signing

On Sun, 2009-05-24 at 16:27 +0200, Tim Hendrik wrote:
Hallo b,

From: "Brian J. Murrell" <brian interlinx bc ca>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] evo no S/Mime signing
To: evolution-list gnome org

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 22:21 +0200, Tim Hendrik wrote:
      Hello List,

I want to use my S/Mime certificate but with signing I get this
error:

<quote>
        Because "SMIMEEncKeyPrefs-Attribut konnte nicht hinzugef?gt
        werden", you may need to select different mail options.
</quote>

Probably, given that this is a english language list, translating that
error message to english will get you more help.

Sorry, I think it is not important.  I send the original because its a
mixture english - german

The important thing is :   SMIMEEncKeyPrefs-Attribut

The german translation is:

Because "SMIMEEncKeyPrefs-Attribut could not added ", you may need to
select different mail options. <<

greets
Tim

        Hi,
if you can encrypt, but not sign, then please check whether also your
private key is included in evolution certificate database. It seems it
isn't, or the "From" address in the mail doesn't match the one stored in
the certificate, though I doubt the later.

Unfortunately the "error" message just informs that call to
NSS_CMSSignerInfo_AddSMIMEEncKeyPrefs or
NSS_CMSSignerInfo_AddMSSMIMEEncKeyPrefs function failed, without any
specific reason in your version. In newer version, 2.26+, there should
be written also the reason for the error, if returned by NSS library.

It's possible to check the exact error with gdb, but it's out of scope
of this mailing list.
        Bye,
        Milan