Re: [Evolution] errors

Thufir wrote:

I keep getting crashes preceeded by an error message:

GConf error: Bad key or directory name: "xïQ_x": Must begin with a
slash '/'

I've been getting this for the past week. It happens everytime I send an
e-mail which I sign with my GPG key. The error I get is:

8<--
GConf error: Bad key or directory name: "ïUa
ï8F
/apps/evolution/mail/filters/log0_width": Must begin with a slash '/'

All further errors shown only on terminal.
8<---

I don't have any mail filters setup on this machine (I use filters at home,
although they tend to stop work properly after a few months).

I'm on Ubuntu 8.10 too, with all updates available as of today.
ceda aspire:~$ dpkg --list | grep evo | cut -b 1-60
ii  evolution                                 2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  evolution-common                          2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  evolution-data-server                     2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  evolution-data-server-common              2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  evolution-plugins                         2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  evolution-webcal                          2.24.0-0ubuntu
ii  libebackend1.2-0                          2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  libebook1.2-9                             2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  libecal1.2-7                              2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  libedata-book1.2-2                        2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  libedata-cal1.2-6                         2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  libedataserver1.2-11                      2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  libedataserverui1.2-8                     2.24.3-0ubuntu
ii  libevolution3.0-cil                       0.17.5-0ubuntu

I made a dump of gconf (gconftool-2 -R) which I put at
http://wendt.se/temp/gconf-dump.txt.gz.

Any pointers on what to do to fix this, or provide more info to people with
more knowledge than I have, would be highly appreciated (should I file this
as a bug somewhere).

Right now, what I do is,

write the mail, hit send,
enter pass phrase for the GPG-key, hit OK,
evolution shows the error dialog, hit OK,
evolution dies,
I restart evolution,
hit F9 to "Send and receive" messages which will send the message I just
wrote (it's not actually sent until this point).

/ Fredrik Wendt