Re: [Evolution] Funambol, syncing, etc.

On 3/18/2009 4:07 AM, Chris G wrote:
I have
tried to use IMAP on and off over the years but I always find that the
implementations of different mixes of IMAP server and client are such
that, for me at least, it's not a viable solution.  It's*fine*  if you
only ever use one client and one server but otherwise it's still not
quite there yet.

Sorry for the late reply (I'm travelling) but I didn't want to let this go by without comment. My experience is that IMAP works extremely well most of the time (at least as well as POP). I use 2 IMAP servers, Gmail and Cyrus, and several clients including Evo, Mail.app (MacOS) and Tbird, and (apart from occasional disconnections from Gmail) the only difficulties I sometimes see are with configuring message deletion properly, since not all clients present the IMAP model clearly to the user -- the physical Trash folder seems to be part of the culture now. Aside from that, everything just works and the advantages of having access to all my mail from anywhere greatly outweigh the minor inconveniences.

poc