Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.26 released

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 06:28 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
I highly doubt it will make it into 8.10, but perhaps 9.04.

If it doesn't, I may set up a PPA myself, assuming I can get support
getting it compiled.

Ubuntu never backports major releases like this to earlier versions.
Heck, often they don't even update to newer service packs in the same
release.

With a six month release cycle they are focused on getting "the good
stuff" into the _next_ release.  That's both good and bad, but that's
the way it is.

However, it will definitely be in 9.04.  Those of us who remember back
to the very first days of Ubuntu will recall that one of its initial
"claims to fame" was that it was scheduled to release just a few weeks
after each Gnome release, and it would be one of the first major
releases to include each new version of Gnome.  Although that's not such
a big selling point anymore with Ubuntu, it's still true.

I may find a few minutes early next month to retool my Makefile for
Evolution and add in support for MAPI (I _really_ need this), but right
now I'm getting only a few hours of sleep most nights as it is due to
"real work"--no time to spare.

In fact, I should get back to it now :-).