Re: [Evolution] message filters not working

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 09:13:27AM -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 13:22 +0000, Chris G wrote:
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:15:20AM +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
You mean like you tell the Evo filter to look for a ListId header?

What you tell mutt is that a certain address (in To:, From:, Cc: etc.)
is a mailing list address, the specification is a regular expression
with which you can specify as much as is needed to remove ambiguity.

So you are criticising Evo for using information in the message to
automagically find out something that you have to manually tell Mutt
about?

When we came in it appeared that one couldn't tell Evolution manually
about mailing lists.  All I was saying was that it's easy to tell mutt
about mailing lists, if one can't do the same (i.e. tell the MUA
manually) with Evolution it seems to be a bit of an omission.

Evo allows you to filter on mailing-list headers where they exist. It
also enables a bunch of list-specific actions such as Message->Reply To
List (Ctrl-L) plus those under under Message->Mailing Lists (subscribe,
get archives, contact the owner, post etc.), all of which only make
sense in the presence of mailing-list headers. What else do you want it
to do?

Surely it would make sense to allow filtering on an address one
specifies oneself - for those (many) mailing lists which which don't
have 'proper' mailing list headers.  In mutt I simply tell it which
mailing lists I'm subscribed to (as a list of regular expressions
matching the mailing list From:/Cc:/To: address) and then I get all
the special mailing list commands (like Evolution's Ctrl-L) enabled
for all those mailing lists whether or not they have 'proper' headers.

--
Chris Green