Re: [Evolution] full text search unreliable

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 11:41 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote: 
On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 16:45 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
I did a "grep -r -w" and found 13 mails. Doing the same search via
Evolution found only one. I then stopped Evolution, removed all
and *.cmeta files plus the folders.db, restarted Evolution.

For a true test I think you'd also need to rebuild the database, see

That script cleans up an existing folders.db. I had removed the
folders.db and Evolution recreated it from scratch, which should have
the same effect.

Just to be sure I ran "sqlite3 folders.db 'vacuum'"; didn't change

Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick Ohly gmx de

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]