Re: [Evolution] adding gpg signature to evolution messages

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 17:54 -0700, Donald Raikes wrote:
Hello,

Recently I installed ubuntu 8.10, and am very pleased with the way
evolution works.

My only problem so far is that I would like to sign my email with my gpg
key.  What I have done:

1. selected edit -> preferences mail accounts edit security.

I then enter the public key into the pgp key edit box, and check the box
that says to sign al messages from this account.

When you say you enter the key, you mean the Key ID, right? It's string
of 8 hex digits.

I click ok and close on the preferences dialog.

When I then try to send an email, I get an error saying taht evolution
could not add the signature. I have verified the gpg key I entered and
it is correct.

Does gpg work outside of Evo? e.g. can you sign a file from the command
line using your key?

poc