Re: [Evolution] Problem viewing calendars on multiple machines (correction)

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 11:38 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 11:53 -0400, Michael A. Gilchrist wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks to all of you for your input.

I still, however, am searching for a simple solution that does not require
setting up an online service or the computers to be on the same LAN for two
basic reasons.

First, I want to be able to have access to my calendar even if I'm not online.
Second, I also have a way of syncing file systems that works very well for me
and that I'm very comfortable with so I'd rather rely on that than develop a
new 'skill'.

Is there any place where the environment variables evolution uses are listed
or, alternatively, a way of setting variables via commandline arguments.  This
would seem to be a very desirable and 'unix-y' ability.

Evo gets most of its configuration info from Gconf, which stores it in a
bunch of XML files under .gconf/apps/evolution/calendar. You could try
synching these, but be warned that it is probably a bad idea to do this
while Gconf or Evolution are running. I've adapted the following from
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_transfer_all_my_Evolution_data_from_an_old_home_directory_to_a_new_home_directory.3F

I foolishly answered the question you asked rather than the one you
meant. The actual calendar data is stored here (for local calendars):

~/.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics

Again, I'd recommend synching when Evo is not running.

poc