Re: [Evolution] moving folders from local to imap doesn't update filters

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 11:24 -0500, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 11:34 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 07:09 -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
I know the following breaks filters.  Delete a destination folder.
Recreate it with the same name. The filter is still there, i.e.
the
test portion is there, but there is no destination.

I have done this using web access to the account when there is no
easy
way to otherwise empty the folder.

I think this is evidence that the filtration back end tracks
folders
in suc a way that any modifications to the folders breaks the
filter.

No it isn't. If it's evidence of anything, it's that the filter code
doesn't remember that you once had a folder with a specific name but
then removed it (using a procedure external to Evolution). I'm not
really surprised this doesn't work.

However the case of simply changing the name of a folder definitely
does
work, i.e. the filters update automatically. I've done this lots of
times. What I haven't done is move a folder between accounts and see
what happens to the filters, which is what the OP is asking about.

The issue is that the folders are referred to internal to Evo by a UID
string, not by their external name.  Hence renaming a folder doesn't
change anything other than how it is presented to the user.  Deleting
and recreating a folder means that a new UID is created (because it's
new folder) and hence the filters aren't transferred.

OK.  That confirms what I was thinking.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075