Re: [Evolution] moving folders from local to imap doesn't update filters

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 11:04 -0500, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 07:09 -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
I know the following breaks filters.  Delete a destination folder.
Recreate it with the same name. The filter is still there, i.e. the
test portion is there, but there is no destination.

I have done this using web access to the account when there is no
easy
way to otherwise empty the folder.

I think this is evidence that the filtration back end tracks folders
in suc a way that any modifications to the folders breaks the
filter.

No it isn't. If it's evidence of anything, it's that the filter code
doesn't remember that you once had a folder with a specific name but
then removed it (using a procedure external to Evolution). I'm not
really surprised this doesn't work.

But if I add and immediately recreate a folder with the same name,
externally, how would Evolution even know that the folder momentarily
didn't exist?

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075