Re: [Evolution] calendar icons

[[ Replying back into the mailing list ... ]]

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 14:56 -0500, Sylvia Sánchez wrote:
You choose between appointment, meeting and others.

Sure, however they are labeled "appointment", but still have the two
person icon next to them.  So something other than just the label
"appointment" or "meeting" must be determining the presence of that
icon.  Perhaps it's something to do with CalDAV??

P.

(Top posting really does make it difficult to keep a flow in these sorts
of conversations :-( )

2009/6/30 Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk>
On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 09:49 +0530, Suman Manjunath wrote:
        > On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 00:11, Olin Shivers<shivers mongkok dyndns org> wrote:
        > > I am trying to use evolution for calendaring. I'm accessing some
        > > calendars via CalDAV. My appointments show up in the month view with
        > > a bewildering set of icons associated with each appt. None of them appear
        > > in the documentation, which is pretty annoying -- not much point in providing
        > > a colorful icon if its purpose is unexplained. It makes the display *less*
        > > informative and more cluttered.
        > >
        > > Some of these icons I can puzzle out:
        > > - the little bell means an alarm has been set.
        > > - The pair of blue arrows going in a circle mean "recurring event."
        > >
        > > But there are two that resist analysis:
        > > - A pair of people, head-and-shoulders.
        >
        > this means that the event is a meeting (different from an appointment)

        That's odd then - all my events are "appointments", and every single one
        of them has that symbol on it.  What makes an event a "meeting" rather
        than an "appointment"?

        P.