[Evolution] Back to the Setup Assistant?

A little while ago, I set up Evolution on an Ubuntu system. I used this to download years of mail from an
online account (Cox webmail). I only used the Evolution system a few times - mainly I use the Cox account,
and only have used the Evolution email when too much accumulates online (E is also better for sorting through
and deleted a lot of mail).
Today I started Evolution, and it takes me to the Setup Assistant, as if I had not set up an account. It also
offers to restore from a backup file. I do not know why this is, or what the supposed backup file is. I do
have a .evolution directory, but do not know how to get Evolution to use it.
Hopefully I have not lost years of email.
TIA