Re: [Evolution] evolution lost all of my vfolders!

        Hi,

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 12:30 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
As you know, I use vfolders heavily.  I had a crash (i.e. power outage)
this morning and when I restarted *ALL* of my vfolders were gone!!!!!

I do have daily backups if I have to go back to a previous one but I
don't even know what to restore.  Can somebody enlighten me as to
where/how evolution stores the vfolder configuration?

FWIW, when evolution starts up it whines:

(evolution:13006): camel-WARNING **: something went wrong terribly during db creation

This sounds very serious. There seems to be something broken with some
of folders.db under ~/.evolution/mail . It depends on your account types
what you can do. If you've every your mail stored remotely, like IMAP,
then you can safely delete folders.db files under ~/.evolution/mail/imap
Next start will be the summary recreated. (You can delete everything
under this folder, it will be created/downloaded anyway.) This is not
applicable for account types like POP.

(evolution:13006): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_foreach: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed

(evolution:13006): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_destroy: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed

(evolution:13006): camel-CRITICAL **: camel_object_is: assertion `o != NULL' failed

(evolution:13006): camel-CRITICAL **: camel_object_unref: assertion `CAMEL_IS_OBJECT(o)' failed

(evolution:13006): evolution-mail-WARNING **: Cannot open vfolder store - no vfolders available

Try to restore searches.xml and vfolders.xml in ~/.evolution/mail/
Though because of the above errors, maybe restoring whole ~/.evolution
might help better. But as I said above, it depends on couple things
whether you can do that. Definitely do the backup of the broken folder
too, in case something goes even more wrong.

        Hope that helps,
        Milan