[Evolution] Evo && local folders

Hello,

I've just discovered some interesting thing... I was asking me how could
I access at least my local folders with some normal UNIX MUA, like
'mutt'; it turned out that:

a)
the local (i.e. the ones below "On This Computer") folders are below
~/.evolution/mail/local/

b)
if you use there subdirectories which appear in Evo as 'XYZ', then their
mail folders are below ~/.evolution/mail/local/XYZ.sbd

c)
for every real mail folder, for example for one which appears in Evo as
'backupIncoming', the following 4 files seem to be exist:

    backupIncoming
    backupIncoming.cmeta
    backupIncoming.ibex.index
    backupIncoming.ibex.index.data

d)
and the file 'backupIncoming' is in MBox format, at least the MUA 'mutt'
accepts it and you can just open and read the mails with:

$ mutt -f ~/.evolution/mail/local/backupIncoming

ofc you should do that carefully and read only to not make Evo unhappy
:-)

but at least it is a way to use mails there from another MUA or just
grep for mails or addresses...

HIH

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211