Re: [Evolution] How to remail or bounce a message?

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 12:08 +0100, Alpar Juttner wrote:
On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 09:52 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
Hello,

My beloved MUA 'mutt' has a function 'bounce-message' which allows to
remail a message to another user who will receive the message as I did, only
a few header lines like Resent-To: , Resent-From: and Resent-Date: are
added which identifies the mail as a bounce?

I was always curious what is the use of this. Tell me please.

Alpar

P.S. It is not an offence. I'm indeed interested.

Without wanting to speak FOR the OP, in my circumstances its very useful
because I want to use one email as my 'central' email, while a few
others are specific usage. For example, I have a work email, if I can
set it up to 'bounce-message' to my own email, it appears with all the
right headers in my own email (offlineimap from Gmail, in my case,
accessed via Evo). So I can apply the same filters and such, also I can
access my mail in a single login, both on evo and online in gmail. When
replying, a few simple rules mean that I can automatically reply using
the correct SMTP server, or the correct reply-to header.