[Evolution] help!

I just transferred all my evolution data to a new computer--as I have done several times in the past--and
opened evolution. It looks fine, and all my data is there. So I downloaded my new mail, of which there is a
lot as I have been away for a month. It downloaded all two hundred or so mails, and expunged them from the
server as usual. But the mail is not there in my inbox! So where could it be? It is no longer on the
earthlink server, as it has all been expunged after the download. I do hope all that mail is not lost. I
tried closing and reopening evo to see if the new mail would appear. But it is still not showing. And the
"show" options are set to "all messages". So they should be showing. What do I do?

Swarup