[Evolution] Error getting local address book

Hi all,

When I try to open my local contact list, I get the following message:

==================================

Error loading address book.

This address book cannot be opened.  Please check that the
path /stuff/.evolution/addressbook/local/system exists and that
permissions are set to access it.

Detailed error message: Other error

The directory has permissions rwxr-xr-x, and its contained files have
permissions rw-r--r--. When in evolution, I am, to the best of my
knowledge, operating as the owner of the directory and files. Case in
file names should not be a problem.

I managed to solve this problem before by making a copy of the address
book folder, and somehow that worked temporarily, but the problem seems
to have re-appeared. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Ben