Re: [Evolution] Evo crashes on start after today's Ubuntu updates
- From: Art Alexion <art rhd org>
- To: HggdH <hggdh2 gmail com>
- Cc: evolution-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evo crashes on start after today's Ubuntu updates
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:27:34 -0500
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 12:39 -0600, HggdH wrote:
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 10:35 -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
Crashes as soon as the window appears, Command line output:
a chat today on #evolution suggests this is due to a back-level
evolution-exchange. We will be publishing e-e 2.24.3 tomorrow on
intrepid-proposed, and -- hopefully -- this should fix your issue.
Please, after you upgrade e-e:
1. close all of evolution (on a terminal, issue 'evolution
2. test the issue, and please report the results in the launchpad bug
Thanks so much for the quick response. I love Open Source and the Evo
developers who respond so quickly.
1. 10:00AM, Tuesday 1/13: run Ubuntu updates, notice an update to
Evolution. Restart Evolution. It crashes. Kill all evo
related processes. Still crashes. Run from the command line.
Note errors upon crash.
2. 10:35AM, Tuesday: post the problem to evo list.
3. 10:46AM, Tuesday: first response from evo developer
4. 10:48AM, Tuesday: a report that a bug has already been posted by
5. 1:39PM, Tuesday: problem diagnosed and the repository update
Yesterday I worked from home where hardy is installed and unaffected by
This morning I run the updates at work, and evolution is working fine
Thanks, I really appreciate this.
] [Thread Prev