Re: [Evolution] Evolution on xubuntu 8.10, date format wrong

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:29:51AM +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 19:07 +0000, Chris G wrote:
I suspect this may be a bit of a well known problem but my Googling
hasn't come up with any good answers.

I'm running GNOME evolution 2.24.3 on xubuntu 8.10 and the dates in
the Calendar appear in US format, i.e. MM/DD/YYYY.  I'm in the UK and
want European format dates - DD/MM/YYYY.

My locale is set to en_GB.UTF-8 and nothing else seems to get the date
format wrong, I've just checked Orage for example and that definitely
says today is 25/02/2009 whereas Evolution thinks it's 02/25/2009.

Is there any way to fix this or is it a bug?

If you are running xubuntu I presume you aren't running a Gnome desktop
- you need to tell gconf what the locale is as that's where Evo gets
it's information from.

I'll leave someone else to tell you how to do it as I can't remember,
sorry.

OK, thanks, you're quite right I don't run a Gnome desktop.  I'll have
a hunt around knowing what you've told me and I'll also wait in hope
that someone else here can tell me what to do.

I've tried looking in gconf-editor and that doesn't seem to have any
date format configuration or locale settings.

I'll ask on the xfce list too.

--
Chris Green