[Evolution] Evolution on xubuntu 8.10, date format wrong

I suspect this may be a bit of a well known problem but my Googling
hasn't come up with any good answers.

I'm running GNOME evolution 2.24.3 on xubuntu 8.10 and the dates in
the Calendar appear in US format, i.e. MM/DD/YYYY.  I'm in the UK and
want European format dates - DD/MM/YYYY.

My locale is set to en_GB.UTF-8 and nothing else seems to get the date
format wrong, I've just checked Orage for example and that definitely
says today is 25/02/2009 whereas Evolution thinks it's 02/25/2009.

Is there any way to fix this or is it a bug?

--
Chris Green