Re: [Evolution] Adding "Apply to all" to columns menu

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 14:17 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 15:25 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
isn't it enough to set same view in all folders with View->Current View
(the default one is Messages, I guess), and when you do some change then
save it as that view and viola, it'll be same for all other folders
using this view as well?

Pretty sure saving a custom view only saves it for the current folder.
That's what all the crud under ~/.evolution/mail/views is storing.

With the branch I'm working on I'm in a position to change it to the
behavior you're describing, but I don't have a good sense of whether
users consider per-folder message list customization useful.

I don't, personally.  I get tired of having to resize and sort columns
for all 100-some folders I have.  At minimum, an "Apply to All" option
really is needed, and I plan to tackle that after the branch is merged.

Matthew Barnes