[Evolution] Evoultion mail running under Windows XPpro

I have downloaded and set up Evolution on my desktop PC (running Windows XP pro). It all seems to work fine, except EVERY email takes 15-20+ seconds to display in the lower window. The screen says it is "formatting message", and seems to take forever to show up. Every other email service I have used, including Evolution on my mini laptop (running Ubuntu) doesn't have this annoying delay. What am I missing here? How do I set this up to run smoother and faster??

Pete