Re: [Evolution] How to connect to exchange 2007 server

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 13:38 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
My *personal* opinion is that there seems to be so many problems and
restrictions with evo-mapi and so many ways that DavMail succeeds when
evo-mapi doesn't that the developers should look closely at
integrating DavMail into Evo - perhaps even with a view to it being
the main way of interacting with Exchange.

Just as a point of order, I've tried DavMail and haven't had much more
success with it in terms of the things I really need Exchange support
for, which is primarily calendaring with the ability to schedule
meetings, see free/busy information, and get meeting reminders than with
the MAPI plugin.  Which is to say, basically none.

In fact I haven't had much more success at all with davmail.  I only
fooled with it for a half-hour or so, maybe if I made a committed run at
it I could get it working better.