Re: [Evolution] How do you install 2.29 on Ubuntu 9.10?

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 18:52 -0800, Bryan Karlan wrote:
Thank you for all that.  I just figured that pre-release was a beta.  And I
used Windows 7 beta for the last 9 months.  6 of which, it was far more
stable than Vista.  So I figured this to be the same.  I guess not.

Completely different scenario. You should re-read what has already been
said about this. Windows "beta" versions are essentially working systems
that just need some polishing before MS commits to full-scale public
support. Evo pre-release versions, especially early in the development
cycle, are really only aimed at people wanting to test and improve the
software itself by compiling, debugging and hacking on the source code.
IOW they are the equivalent of *internal* MS test versions, which of
course the public never sees.

I have some changes that I want to recommend to whoever is designing this.
It looks like Outlook, but is far less functional.  As such, it is not an
outlook replacement.  But it is getting better.  Microsoft has made the
current Outlook more fancy but only a bit more functional.  If you could
keep the simple interface and bring in features that a business user like me
would crave then I would take this program quickly.

I have posted my desires for the improvements elsewhere but did not hear
anything back.  Could you tell me where to post this?

http://bugzilla.gnome.org.

poc

PS Please don't top-post on this list. It's an Outlook-ism that many
people find very irritating and counter-productive.