Re: [Evolution] Date formats

        Hi,

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 10:44 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I see that in 2.28 Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Headers now
allows you to select alternative date formats for displayed message
headers (maybe it's been around for a while but I'd never noticed it
before).

It's pretty new thing there.

Two things occur to me:

1) It would be nice to be able to add more formats, e.g. I like dates
look like 25/12/09 but that isn't one of the options (I have to use
25.12.09). I guess I could change the locale setting but that's too
elaborate, and would affect everything else that uses dates.

You can write there almost anything. It's using strftime internally,
thus it understands all format specifiers from it, plus a special one
"%ad". There is an obvious lack of information in user docs, though I'm
not sure whether a regular user would understand all those %.. tags.

2) The message list date columns do use the locale. It would be cool
(not to say consistent) if they also followed the Preferences setting.

That's the other option there for it, named Table column. Copy your
format from Date header there and it should use it as well. I hope it
isn't missing in your evo.
        Bye,
        Milan