Re: [Evolution] Blackberry and Evolution?

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 20:47:40 -0400
Jay Daniels <tux myt60 net> wrote:

Just received an offer I can't seem to refuse.  It's for an almost
free blackberry curve from my provider.

Now, I read somewhere that there is no blackberry desktop application
for Linux but someone posted in a web forum that Evolution actually
works with blackberry devices.

Is this true?  How do you handle a blackberry curve in Linux?

I am using Evolution 2.22.3.1 because I can't find a backport for
Hardy:(

thanks,

jay

Jay,

This is a too-quick response, so no links at the moment, but the only
way I've seen people use a BB with evolution is to set up an account
with Google calendar or a similar calendar service, like scheduleworld.
They become the intermediary between your BB and evolution. I haven't
experimented with Google fully, but I'm beginning to use it now. Google
has a client you can download onto your BB for syncing purposes.

Hope this gets you started...

With best regards,

Pete
--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"