Re: [Evolution] I know it's not about Evolution, but...

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 22:12 +0700, info breilind com wrote:

<<snip>>
I have a problem with my ISP, who have blocked
outgoing port 25 from their users in order to eliminate spam. They only
allow port 25 traffic to their own mail server. The problem is that I
want to use a different mail server.
<<snip>>

Yes, Verizon is doing that. It won't affect me with my verizon.net mail
account, but I don't know how it will affect using my xprt.net mail
account.  I guess I'll find out on Aug 25.

I don't see how to change the outbound port for that account in
evolution. It must be possible.

I haven't been using the xprt.net account to send with for -- ever?
since using Verizon DSL as my ISP.  It's my subscription / junk address
which they filter well, and Evo handles the rest nicely.