Re: [Evolution] evolution lost all of my vfolders!

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 19:31 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:

This sounds very serious.

Indeed, it does.  I really wish somebody very familiar with the vfolders
code and those error messages would comment.

There seems to be something broken with some
of folders.db under ~/.evolution/mail .

Hrm.  Do many of the folders.db actually contribute to the vfolders
searches or is it just the one under .evolution/mail/vfolder?

It depends on your account types
what you can do. If you've every your mail stored remotely, like IMAP,
then you can safely delete folders.db files under ~/.evolution/mail/imap

I'd tend to not want to do this until there is a positive confirmation
that volder information is spread across all of them or if it's, as I
suspect, only in the .evolution/mail/vfolder/folders.db file.

Try to restore searches.xml

This file is unchanged (i.e. as compared to backups) for many months.

and vfolders.xml in ~/.evolution/mail/

And this one is unchanged since 7 days prior to the loss of the
vfolders.

So both of these files are identical to backup copies going back to
prior to the loss of my vfolders.  So neither of these can be at fault.

Though because of the above errors, maybe restoring whole ~/.evolution
might help better.

~sigh~  I'd really like to avoid that.  I'd rather just fix whatever is
actually broken.  Which is why I was hoping somebody very familiar with
this vfolder code would give some advise.

Definitely do the backup of the broken folder
too, in case something goes even more wrong.

Heh.  Of course.  ;-)

Much thanx for your help.

b.