[Evolution] "MigrateEvolutionToNewComputer" did not work

Hello,
I just transferred my evolution to a new computer, following the instructions given in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MigrateEvolutionToNewComputer. And actually, I already had success with
these instructions last week while transferring to an interim computer while awaiting the arrival of my new
computer. So I know the instructions work, and I know I was able to follow them last week.

But now that my new computer has arrived, after doing the transfer I found that evolution would not open.
When I click on evolution to start it up, it gives only a brief flash on the bottom panel of the following
two messages: "Starting Evolution Mail", and then "Migrating...". But then nothing ever opens.

The process I followed in executing the transfer was to first do:

 gconftool-2 --shutdown
 evolution --force-shutdown

And then: Copy the directories ~/.evolution, ~/.gconf/apps/evolution and ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution from the
source computer to the same place on the target computer.

So all the above I did, and Evolution is not opening on the new computer. I should also state that Evolution
was never used or opened on the new computer prior to transferring over the above directories. What went
wrong, and what do I need to do to get Evo to open???

Thank you,
Swarup