Re: [Evolution] SVN HEAD evolution consumes entire cpu and becomes unresponsive - locked in Checking folder consistency

I had the same problem using Evolution in Ubuntu 8.10.  After digging through
the web and not finding a solution, I opened the Synaptic Package Manager,
searched for evolution, marked it for "reinstallation," and clicked apply.
When it was done, everything worked.  Of course I backed up my .evolution
and .maildirs directories - a really good idea to do - but in the end
everything came right up without any need to restore from the backups.