Re: [Evolution] Upgrade from Fedora Core 5 to Fedora 10 with Evolution

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 12:33 -0500, John Clements wrote:
Hi, not exactly a newbie, but newbie question. I have a really stable PC
with Fedora Core 5 on it with Evolution mail and lots of saved email.
Obviously I'm behind the curve on Fedora upgrades and would like to
upgrade to Fedora 10. Any suggestions on how to do this and transfer/not
lose email stored in Evolution? Have /boot partition of ~100 MB and /
partition of about 170 GB. Have 8 GB USB flash drive.

For Evo:
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_transfer_all_my_Evolution_data_from_an_old_home_directory_to_a_new_home_directory.3F

For Fedora, ask on <fedora-list redhat com> (see
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list) for subscription
info. However though recent versions of Fedora can be upgraded without
much trouble, a direct upgrade from FC5 to F10 is likely to be risky.
You could try doing it via FC5->Fc6->...->F9->F10 but I wouldn't bet on
it being trouble-free either. You're much more likely to get good
results by reinstalling after backing up your user and configuration
data.

poc