Re: [Evolution] Unread message count (again)

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 11:04 -0400, Andrew Montalenti wrote:

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 10:23 -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
I disagree.  I disagree that the inconsistency is "occasional".
Rather
it is nearly constant.  /Occasionally/ the count is correct.

2.24.3 here as well (Ubuntu Intrepid).  I agree with Alex.  Mis-count
is
constant.  I have a search folder that includes my "Sent" mail folder.
Every time I reply to someone's e-mail, the unread message count
becomes
1.  This makes me think there is a new e-mail, but it's really just
because I sent a mail.  I have no idea why this is happening because
sent mails are not "unread", but maybe somewhere inside Evolution's
logic a sent message is unread at a certain point in processing.

An additional, possibly related problem (evolution-exchange OWA
protocol) is that occasionally large numbers of messages just fail to
show up in the inbox.  I use the following script to fix it.  I can't
expect my users to do this, making the current state of evolution
inappropriate for deployment to non-technical users.

#!/bin/bash
echo "Completely shutting down Evolution..."
        evolution --force-shutdown
echo "Deleting indexes..."
        rm -rf ~/.evolutionn/exchange/
        rm -rf ~/.evolution/mail/exchange/
echo "Restarting Evolution"
        evolution &

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075