Re: [Evolution] Mail directories

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 12:37 +0200, Gildas Bayard wrote:
Hello all,
I'm setting up an imap mail account and ran into the following problem:
Evolution shows every directory in my account as mail directories. This
includes .ssh, .public_html, .profile...
Of course it also shows the real mail directories.
Could someone tell me how to tell evolution not to display non-mail
directories?
Does it come from the imap server? (I bet no since ThunderBird is not
affected)

Yes, it does come from the IMAP server - sort of - and it depends on the
specific IMAP software.  The imap server can usually be told to only
show things under a specific folder - yours is obviously set to not do
that.  Also remember that there is no difference in a Unix system
between folders that contain mail and folders that don't - so it can't
determine which is "mail folder" and which is a "folder".

In evo you can do some things.  Go to Edit -> Preferences -> select your
mail account -> Edit.  Select the Receiving Options tab and make sure
that "Show only subscribed folders" is ticked.  If all your mail is in a
single folder, then tick "Override server-supplied folder namespace" and
put in the box underneath the name of your folder.  OK out of the
preferences.

Now, under "Folder", select subscriptions and then select the server,
click on refresh, now tick the folders you want to see.

This should clean up your folder space.

P.