Re: [Evolution] evolution exchange

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 17:51 +0200, Nigel Atherton wrote:
sorry for only reverting now.

I have tried the send receive.  It took a good half hour to finish and
did not solve the problem.

That's not good.  Does it do this only the first time, or every time you
press Send/Receive?  The first time Evo connects to Exchange it
generates a local cache so it doesn't have to re-fetch everything every
time.  This can take a while.

But, once it's done once you shouldn't have this kind of slowdown
thereafter.

You did say you're using the latest Ubuntu right?  There were some bugs
in older versions of Evolution that caused the cache to be reacquired
every time Evo started, not just the first time.  But that's been fixed
for a while now.

Does evolution not just sync in the background and keep up to date?

I believe this is controlled, as I mentioned before, by the various
options in the "Receiving Options" tab of the account editor (Edit ->
Preferences then choose your Exchange account and click Edit).

What settings do you have for things like "Check for new messages every
N minutes"?  What about "Check for new messages in all folders"?  What
about the ones at the bottom like "Automatically synchronize account
locally", etc.