Re: [Evolution] Folders questions - 1) drag drop; 2) folder order

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 09:50 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 07:37 -0400, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 04:17 -0700, Chris Evans wrote:
From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:08:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Folders questions - 1) drag & drop; 2) folder order

I've never seen that. I presume that deleting a message does show it
with a strike-through, right? What if you Right-click and select "Move
to Folder"? (I'm wondering if there's some peculiarity due to this being
a Windows version of Evo).

If I press the delete key on a single message, that message is deleted
entirely; but if I highlight several messages and press delete, all
but the last message are deleted; the last message is shown struck
through.  The same behavior occurs if I right click and choose
"Delete" from the menu.

If I right click and choose "Move to Folder" on a single message,
that message will be moved to the target folder and will no longer
appear in the source folder.  If I do the same thing for 2 or more
messages, the selected messages will all appear in the target folder,
and the last one will appear struck through in the source.

So if it's struck through, it's deleted. I suggest you turn off "hide
deleted messages", then you'll be able to see what's happening.

Am I missing something or does none of this apply to Exchange accounts?
I delete messages, they move to trash.  I drag and drop, they move.  I
empty trash, they are removed and not retrievable from this or another
computer.

Maybe, I've no idea as I don't use Exchange. However the OP says he's
using IMAP.

poc