Re: [Evolution] Folders questions - 1) drag & drop; 2) folder order

Thanks for your comments. Please see below.

----- Original Message ----
From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
To: Chris Evans <sibyltalk yahoo com>
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:45:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Folders questions - 1) drag & drop; 2) folder order

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 11:10 -0700, Chris Evans wrote:
1.  DRAG & DROP: when I drag an e-mail message from folder A to folder
B, the message still appears in A.  Is there any way to make it behave
as a move, rather than as a copy?

IMAP has no "move" operation, so moves are done via "copy and delete".
See also:
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#I_copied_some_messages_to_another_folder_but_when_I_unselect_View-.3EHide_Deleted_Messages_I_see_they.27re_still_there._Why.3F

You can hide deleted message if you don't want to see them. View->Hide
Deleted Messages. However they'll still be there till you do File->Empty
Trash or Folder->Expunge (Ctrl-E).

But the message in A appears without a strike-through.  It is still fully present in both places.  The
automatic delete behavior is not working.  I have to manually delete the message from folder A.  The same
behavior occurs when I drag a subfolder - the subfolder and its contents are in both the source and
destination locations.