[Evolution] contacts

ïI have recently loaded Suse 11.0 with Evolution 2.22.1.1.

In order to bring Evolution up to speed on the Suse 11.0 OS, I exported
the mail, contact, etc. information from evolution 2.22.3.1 on my
computer running ubuntu by creating a backup file.  Then I restored that
file into the Suse 11.0 system.

When I create a new message or forward an existing message, then click
on the To: button to bring up my list of contacts, no names appear in
the the pop-up window of "contacts".

I know that I have a list full of contacts because I can see them when I
select the "Contacts" button at the lower left side of the window.

I also am unable to enter a new contact into the address book.  When I
attempt to do that I get the following error message: "Error adding
contact" and "other error"

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Help!!

Bill