Re: [Evolution] Junk email plugin

On Sat, 2008-09-06 at 23:56 -0400, Jonathan Jacobs wrote:
I have the junk plugin set.

Which one (there are currently two, Spamassassin and Bogofilter), and
which version of Evo? Note that you have to install SA or BF packages
separately from Evo. Under Preferences->Mail Preferences->Junk, is the
default junk filter marked as "available and the binary installed"?

But my little question is that it does not seem to filter the email
for junk.

Have you trained it? Both BF and SA require training on a set of both
good and bad messages (ham and spam) before being useful.

Plus I would love to be able to report junk email to
junk-email-reporting sites.

AFAIK neither BF nor SA support this directly, at least the way Evo uses
them. You can always send the junk manually if you want to.

It does not appear to do anything other then move the email to a junk folder when I mark it as junk.

Once trained it will move junk to the Junk folder automatically. You
need to visit the Junk folder occasionally to clean it out or mark false
positives as not junk.

poc