[Evolution] Fwd: can't connect to exchange backend process

Forgot to send to mailing list. (see I can't handle web mail)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Denny Dalessandro <osulinux gmail com>
Date: Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Evolution] can't connect to exchange backend process
To: Art Alexion <art rhd org>

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Art Alexion <art rhd org> wrote:
On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 11:44 -0400, Denny Dalessandro wrote:
> I normally use Evolution with the plug in to connect to MS Exchange.
> I recently had to change my UID/GID and not I can't check my mail. I
> get:
>
> "Could not connect to Evolution Exchange backend process: Permission
> denied"
>
> I've tried deleting the entire .evolution directory, killed all
> evolution processes, even rebooted, but still the problem persists.

I am assuming you mean that you checked your exchange UID/PWD.  Or did
you change your Linux user?
If I assume correctly, did you try just changing your exchange pwd in
Edit>Preferences>Accounts?

Sometimes a screwdriver is better than a sledgehammer.
--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075

No I mean my system (Linux) UID and GID. The reason was completely
unrelated to exchange. I chown -R my entire home dir and wiped temp
which fixed most Gnome stuff that got mad at me, but Evolution is still
screwed.  From the error message it seems to me there is a process
that sits in the background and talks to the exchange server, but for some
reason now it won't talk to my instance of Evolution.