Re: [Evolution] help with filters

(replying to the list for everybody)

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 10:08 -0500, Jared Greenwald wrote:

Wow, yea, I just checked all of my filters.xml files and they all look
similar to your post with local local in it.  So, I will need to file
a bug in ubuntu for this as well as gnome.org?  Also, how do I figure
out the correct foo bar to replace in the uri?

You can run, from a terminal,

gconftools-2 -g /apps/evolution/mail/accounts

This will list all accounts you have defined. You can also try:

gconftool-2 -g /apps/evolution/mail/accounts | awk -F '=' '{print $2
$3}'

For me, this works. Then it is a question of choosing & picking.

Yes, please open a bug in Launchpad, and one on b.g.o. If you give me
the bug #s, I will confirm & mark triaged the LP one, and set a watch on
the b.g.o one. Please also state your version of Evo. You can run

dpkg -l evolution\*

And this will show the main packages versions.

I actually should have stopped and looked at it when I got hit, some
time ago, but...

It is good to know that this is present on on 2.24.

A word of caution: I just tried it here, on trunk: selected an email
that was ultimately destined to trash, and set a filter to move it to a
brand new IMAP folder (and the rule got set to local local). Run the
filter and... the email vanished. Completely. Nowhere to be seen, not
even in trash.

Thank you,

..hggdh..