[Evolution] help with filters

I'm having a bit of an issue with filters on a couple of systems...

First a bit of background...  I've recently upgraded my systems to
Ubuntu 8.10 from 8.04.  I tried to transfer my settings using the
information in the FAQ, but ran into issues.  I ended up just clearing
out .gconf2/apps/evolution and .evolution to start from scratch.

That being said, when I re-setup my accounts from scratch I needed to
setup my filters in order to control the flood of mails I get.  I used
the right-click menu (Create Rule From Message -> Filter Based On
Mailing List).  I then set the directory to move the message to which
is a folder on the IMAP server where my account is located.

The problem comes around when I try to manually trigger the filter on
a relevant message by pressing ctrl+y - in fact the message in
question is the one I created the filter from in the first place.
When I do this I get a message at the bottom of the Evolution window
stating that it failed to apply the filter (or some similar wording).

I did read the FAQ for what seemed like relevant entries, but none
seemed to address my issue.  This is the only filter I've setup, so it
seems kind of odd.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jared