Re: [Evolution] GAL URI??

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 14:07 -0500, Jeff Singleton wrote:
Now that I have the functional stuff working.  Now I am testing day to
day stuff, which includes writing/replying e-mails.  I sent one reply
and immediately got a bounced reply stating that the address I was
sending too was not found in you GAL.  That is just insaned, its the
same GAL that Outlook uses and I don't bounced replies from there.
So I dug a little bit, retried replying to an email but this time I
caught some debug messages:
        From Evolution --debug
        (evolution:12655): evolution-addressbook-WARNING **: error
        URI `galldap://jsingleton shake2 airdefense net/;Global
        Address List'

        Error from Exchange Server:
        IMCEAEX-_O=AIRDEFENSE_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20
        +28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT
        +29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=gferguson airdefense net
        #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
It is the portion of the error: URI
`galldap://jsingleton shake2 airdefense net/ that the red flags went
up.   Is galldap:// a true protocol that MAPI can use? Not that I
could not find anywhere on the net!! galldap:// does not appear to be
a viable protocol for pulling GAL data. In fact ldap:// alone will not
work without first registering the protocol in so your browser knows
what to do with it..
Can someone shed some light on this?  I can file a bug on this one but
wanted to verify it first.

One question is whether you are trying to access the GAL remotely or on
the same subnet?  I have had no trouble on the lan/subnet (in fact it
configures itself when I authenticate to OWA in the account setup), but
haven't been able to get a working remote configuration.

--
Art Alexion
MIS