[Evolution] It works...
- From: Jeff Singleton <JSingleton airdefense net>
- To: "'evolution-list gnome org'" <evolution-list gnome org>
- Subject: [Evolution] It works...
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:17:55 -0500
I have a success story for Gentoo users.
After much tinkering, and who knows how many installations, I finally found the right combination that works
(or at least works enough for proof).
So I compile Samba4 and OpenChange per the MAPI Provider website, except I made the $PREFIX /usr/local. I
thought I was stuck under the announced move of evolution-mapi svn (Yay!!). So I grabbed revision 7 at the
time. I downloaded, compiled, and installed the released versions of Evolution and Evolution data server into
my production side in /usr.
Finally, I can get mail, and subscribe to Public Folders. Phase 1 is complete.
Things that are still quirky (I'll file a bug if deemed necessary):
- Cannot move or copy or delete messages from Public Folder subscriptions
- If more than one folder is touched Evolution's message download hangs
- You still have to fux around a bit to get all the icons to show
- Seg Fault upon finishing the initial account creation and password auth
There are probably a few more, but these are the most bothersome to me.
Jeffrey A Singleton
Systems Technologist III
Motorola AirDefense Solutions
4800 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30022
1 (800) 913-1257
Support AirDefense Net
] [Thread Prev