[Evolution] To address completion question

To the list,
   I am looking for a feature in evolution, independent of the
autocompletion that uses the address book, that would automatically
tack on "@myinstitution.edu" (i.e. a configurable domain) if a To:
(or cc: or bcc:) address as typed does not contain "@".  (I don't
really want to add all the hundreds of people I might write to
some day to my address book, nor is there a simple way to do so
if I did want to.).
   I don't see this in the docs or archives.  Before I put it on
the feature-requested list, I was just wondering whether there is
already a way to do this.  (I am at evolution 2.12.3 due to using
RedHat EL 5, but of course I would be interested if any newer
version has this feature.)
   Thanks,
George Reeke, Ph.D.
Head, Laboratory of Biological Modelling
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue
New York, NY  10065
email:  reeke rockefeller edu