Re: [Evolution] Gmail keeps expunging when using evolution

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 10:56 +1000, Res wrote:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Res wrote:

I beg to differ, there are plenty of distros that use programs exactly like
they are supposed to, ie: how they released by upstream's.

Oh and let me add I am one of the developers with a well know bit of
software, and these dweebs at Debian/RH cause us much pain because the
users come complaining to us, only to discover, again they think they know
better than we do, so they go away in a huff when we tell them, the code
in our software you are using is not how we released it, go  'use the
source - luke' ... 999/1000 the problems then go away.

Thank you for your constructive and helpful comments.

BTW, I use the Fedora verson of Evo. I also use the Ubuntu version
occasionally, and once in a while I recompile from sources. None of
these show any significant differences from one another.

Furthermore, the Evo devels who read this list have never to my
knowledge complained about any of the major distros in the way you are
suggesting.

So what was your point exactly, in relation to the OP's question?

poc